Once again, we the people have been betrayed by Congress.Â News is coming across the wires that the House has passed the Senate version of the bail-out of the corrupt thieves, thugs, and swindlers on Wall Street.
Thus illustrating once more the truth — “Those who do not learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them.”
Congress seems determined to repeat all of the mistakes of 1929-1932 that created the Great Depression.
The sad evidence of history is that nations choose to rise or fall.Â This day will go down in American history as the day Congress voted to accelerate our fall onto the ash heap of history.
Here’s a reminder of the grassroots “Protect yourself from the coming financial collapse” checklist from earlier this week:
- Slash household spending,
- Curb your consumption,
- Super-insulate your house,
- Practice energy conservation until you get good at it,
- Save money,
- Grow some of your own food,
- Pay off your debt,
- Live well below your means,
- Move your money to a credit union or a locally-owned bank,
- Support locally owned businesses, and
- Get ready for a Category 5 financial hurricane.